Gowrie South Australia are running a free parenting course that will have extra time to discuss the impact of recent bushfires on the wellbeing of families and children.
It is essential for all of us to understand that children may still be affected and that we have a role to play to help them process their experience, feel understood, loved and protected.
This 8-week course translates attachment theory in an accessible way for families, using group discussion and DVD examples.
Circle of security parenting provides a road map to assist adults to build stronger relationships with their children.
The program is particularly valuable when family members participate together.
The course will cover a range of topics including:
- how to interpret and understand your child’s behaviour
- how to help your child organise their feelings
- how to help your child feel secure in their relationships
- how to help you discover the strengths in your child and in yourself
- how to navigate your way in your role as a parent when times are tough
- how to support your child in managing difficult behaviours, tantrums and meltdowns
- how to approach and assist your child and yourself with the above.
Sessions will be held on Thursdays from 22 October – 17 December, 7.30 pm – 9.00 pm
Please note there will be NO session on Thursday 29 October
Via Zoom meeting. Details will be provided upon registration
To register email email@example.com or phone 8234 5219 (select option 2)